Skip to main content

Game Development

Just read an interesting article by Jason Weimann called How to Get Started in Game Development - talks about the similarities of game development to app development.  The articles recommends using a coding environment called Unity and here's the Unity Tutorial - I'm going to put this on my list of "to learns" after becoming more familiar with C# and Python.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cybersecurity

I went to a Cybersecurity conference last week hosted by  Data Connectors and I want to give kudos for the job well done in running the conference.  First of all they held the conference in a very nice Westin downtown, so the facility was great!  The Vendors were very informative and the presentations were very good as well!  There was a good mix of breaks so we could talk with the Vendors and learn more about their products.  The lunch and snacks were good too!  Always a plus! But back to the subject of Cybersecurity.  It's truly amazing all the cyber attacks made against companies, websites, home owners, smart phones, etc.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but at the time they presented them, I was amazed how high it is, and how high it's going to be.  Everything on the web is exposed and most people don't realize the bad exposure that's out there.  Yes, bigger companies are spending lots of money to protect their data but the ...

My Twitter Followers Have Gone Down!

If you're a Twitter user you might have heard or seen on your account the number of followers go down.  For some of us, those numbers might be minimal.  I have a Twitter account @NKYSports which I use in connection with one of my High School sports website NKYSports.com.  Last week I had about 6,070 followers.  That number today is down about 100.  But I have heard users who have followers over 50K, 100K, etc. losing thousands and thousands of "so-called" followers. So what happened?  Twitter has started cleaning accounts due to fake news scandals and data privacy.  That equates to about 1 million accounts the past quarter (2nd Q of 2018).  Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says improving the health of the platform is critical for future growth. Twitter has been a great tool for my website, but I also like getting updates sent directly to my phone to get the latest news, sports, weather, etc.  I know what to believe and not to believe as well!...

Is It Time to Learn Blockchain?

Each week I see more and more articles on Blockchain and cryptocurrencies.  Blockchain has become a big buzzword in the technology world and I came across  this article  by Kate Kucherenko that had some very good information and insight on the subject. What is Blockchain?  Well according to this article, Kate explains it as digital records that are combined into "blocks", which are then linked with each other cryptographically and chronologically into a "chain" using complex mathematical algorithms.  Each block is linked to the previous one and contains a set of records.  New blocks are always added strictly to the end of the chain. Businesses and banks are starting to put a lot of money into blockchain projects.  They realize that blockchain will solve many problems, especially in the transactional economy. If you want to learn more about blockchain the article has several links on more info about the technology as well.  Time to lear...