Skip to main content

Learning Python

So one of the new languages I've been wanting to learn is Python.  Python, named after the U.K.'s Monty Python has become a very popular language and is used in websites such as Instagram and Pinterest.

It took a little more time to figure out what to download and which resources to use online to learn Python (as compared to PHP), but I came across this article on Real Python - it gives a little history about the language, the different versions available, how to install it on your pc, and tutorials on how to code the language.

The instructions were very good and once I found this article I was up and running in a few hours writing my first Python code.  Of course the syntax is a little different but the language does remind me of java script somewhat.  I'm only in the beginning stages of learning Python but from what I've read, the sky is the limit with this language.

I'm looking forward to becoming much more proficient in Python!  And if you're wanting to learn Python I highly recommend checking out the link above!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexa Is Listening, Recording, and Sending!

Check out this story where a couple in Oregon was having a private conversation and Alexa recorded and sent the conversation to one of their contacts!  They were not aware until the contact contacted them about what had happened.  The couple contacted Amazon and they verified the series of events.  But what's even more bizarre is the couple wanted to return their Amazon home devices but Amazon has not agreed to return the costs for the devices! Check out the article here  by Bruce Brown on  Digital Trends

Nonclustered Index in SQL Server

So, I've run into an issue with one of my queries because it takes about 40 seconds to run and according to the Recent Expensive Queries section of the Activity Monitor in SQL Server, there is a section of code taking up about 51% of the query.  First, let me say that I've been writing Transact SQL for quite awhile but have never ventured into the Clustered and NonClustered areas of forming Indexes.  I do use indexes on all my tables but that's just the regular Primary Unique key.  We've been using this query for awhile and it does work but when the result set is about 5K records it takes a little while to run.  So here's the actual query itself SELECT PartNo , SerialNo , HeciCode , ScanDate , OrderType , PoNo , po . IssueDate , SoNo FROM ScanHistory sh WITH ( NOLOCK ) LEFT OUTER JOIN trkRWPOHeader po WITH ( NOLOCK ) ON sh . PoNo = po . PONum WHERE len ( PoNo ) > 2 AND ScanDate >

File Size Upload Limits using Godaddy Hosting

I've been working on a new project for a friend of mine and came across an issue with trying to upload photos using the infamous freeASPUpload code.  I've used the code in the past for some past projects but don't recall having issues with limits on uploading files. I'm posting this on my blog b/c there's nothing on the internet that discusses this (or at least I wasn't able to find any explanations), and hopefully this can be a resource to someone else that comes across the same issue. Now I know there are other options, utilities, etc. for uploading pics/files/etc. but  freeASPUpload  is simple, I've used it in the past, and this project is pretty basic.  So, if you want to change the upload file size limit you will first want to go into your Godaddy's hosting account.  Next go into the Virtual Directories option, then click on Directory Properties.  Towards the bottom there is a section called "Maximum size of entity body of an ASP request